Did you know that UV rays can do a lot of damage, even during the cloudy Chicago Winter!
Here are some important facts that you should know about UV rays:
- UV rays cause serious eye damage, and exposure has been shown to increase rates of Cataracts and Macular Degeneration, diseases that cause serious vision loss.
- Even mild UV exposure can lead to eye irritation and contact lens irritation.
- You may have thought that UV rays only come from the sun, the truth is UV rays reflect off of snow, concrete, windows, water and any reflective surface.
- While hats are a great way to protect your face from sunburn, they only reduce UV exposure by 50%
- High quality sunglasses are essential for blocking 100% off UV-A and UV-B rays, ask our optician about our wide variety of designer sunglasses frames for children and adults in our West Lawn Optical.